Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What will I do with a blog?

Okay, I will admit right from the start that blogging is not going to be easy for me. I can commit to drinking at least one cup of coffee each day, I can even remember to brush my teeth, but sitting down to write is going to take some will power to accomplish. Hopefully as we (because I am going to need some help with this...) move forward the ideas will flow and the blog will grow.

I want to use this forum to post ideas about teaching science and technology in an engaging way for students and for teachers. My most recent experience has been with the revised grade 7 & 8 Science & Technology curriculum in Ontario, so that is where we are going to start to play.

If there is some interest, we can certainly look at K-6 material as well, but its a big curriculum and we need to start somewhere. I teach a K-6 course for pre-service teachers so maybe I can post some of that material in another spot (are you impressed... 5 minutes into blogging and I am already suggesting a second blog... I must still need that first coffee of the day!)

Anyway - stay tuned and see what happens. If you have a science topic you want to explore please shout it out.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment